from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Poetic.
- adj. Fancifully depicted or embellished; idealized.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to poetry, suitable for poetry, or for writing poetry.
- adj. expressed in metrical form; exhibiting the imaginative or the rhythmical quality of poetry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as poetic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of or befitting poetry
- adj. of or relating to poetry
Sorry, no etymologies found.