American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or having a spiritual reality or import not apparent to the intelligence or senses.
- adj. Of, relating to, or stemming from direct communion with ultimate reality or God: a mystical religion.
- adj. Enigmatic; obscure: mystical theories about the securities market.
- adj. Of or relating to mystic rites or practices.
- adj. Unintelligible; cryptic.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as mystic.
- adj. Relating to mystics or mysticism.
- adj. Having a spiritual significance that transcends human understanding.
- adj. Inspiring a sense of spiritual mystery, awe, and fascination.
- adj. relating to or characteristic of mysticism
- adj. having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding
- adj. relating to or resembling mysticism
- From mystic + -al (Wiktionary)
“Prayer moves us from the level of personal consciousness to God-consciousness, union with God or what we call the mystical life.”
“Gbagbo's government says Ouattara's supporters are attacking security forces in Abobo, allegedly organized by former rebels into what local newspapers are calling "mystical commandos.”
“Why did you decide to have Shadow, rather than Wednesday, obtain mystical insight through mortification of the flesh?”
“As much as baseball fans and followers enjoy invoking the past and speaking in mystical language about the sport, as good as that syrupy metaphor sounds when Ken Burns sets it to black-and-white photography, most of it is hooey in the here and now.”
“Trained in mystical gravity-defying monkish martial arts, he is Team Celibate Vocation's ultimate weapon.”
““The Force” is better understood in mystical terms or spiritual, Taoist, terms than any scientific understanding.”
“The year given in the opening scene of Temple of Doom makes it explicit that it precedes Raiders, and the hash that makes of Indy's view of the mystical is just another reason to forget the movie.”
“It isn't wholly out-of-the blue, for Miyazaki is wise enough to imbue the insects with certain mystical qualities beforehand.”
“This effect of flow or swimming, analogous to orgasm, is a common metaphor in mystical literature East and West for the bliss of the coincidentia.”
“Link this was an interesting article, i like the word mystical because in a way all religions are mystical”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘mystical’.
This is Ghost List 2 ( the kind that go 'boo!' ) :P
( open list )
( randomness, dreams, creativity )
words or phrases related to all things dreamy
My big word list.
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
My Favourite Kind
Mind or Mind Altering
( _mark, personal list, randomness )
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
Words meaning difficult to understand
Looking for tweets for mystical.