from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or having a spiritual reality or import not apparent to the intelligence or senses.
- adj. Of, relating to, or stemming from direct communion with ultimate reality or God: a mystical religion.
- adj. Enigmatic; obscure: mystical theories about the securities market.
- adj. Of or relating to mystic rites or practices.
- adj. Unintelligible; cryptic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to mystics or mysticism.
- adj. Having a spiritual significance that transcends human understanding.
- adj. Inspiring a sense of spiritual mystery, awe, and fascination.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as mystic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or characteristic of mysticism
- adj. having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding
- adj. relating to or resembling mysticism
From mystic + -al (Wiktionary)