from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Difficult or impossible to explain or account for.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Impossible to explain; not easily accounted for.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not explicable; not explainable; incapable of being explained, interpreted, or accounted for.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not explicable; incapable of being explained or interpreted; not to be made plain or intelligible: as, an inexplicable mystery.
- Synonyms Unaccountable, incomprehensible, inscrutable, mysterious.
- Trousers; “inexpressibles.”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. incapable of being explained or accounted for
Sorry, no etymologies found.