from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being such that understanding or comprehension is difficult or impossible; incomprehensible: unintelligible remarks; an unintelligible prose passage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not intelligible; unable to be understood
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not intelligible; not capable of being understood.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. poorly articulated or enunciated, or drowned by noise
- adj. not clearly understood or expressed
un- + intelligible (Wiktionary)