American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Contradicting or disregarding the principles of logic.
- adj. Without logic; senseless.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Ignorant or negligent of the rules of logic or sound reasoning: as, an illogical disputant.
- Contrary to the rules of logic or sound reasoning: as, an illogical inference.
- Synonyms Inconclusive, inconsequent, unsound, fallacious, sophistical.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Ignorant or negligent of the rules of logic or correct reasoning; ; contrary of the rules of logic or sound reasoning.
- adj. lacking orderly continuity
- adj. lacking in correct logical relation
- il- + logical (Wiktionary)
“The report also cited what it described as illogical actions by the crew.”
“The president's mentor, Ayatollah Mohammad Taqi Mesbah Yazdi, said Ahmadinejad is increasingly turning friends into enemies and demonstrating what he called "illogical and cheap" behavior.”
“Dear St. Thomas, how sad that someone so illogical is masquerading as you.”
“Being able to separate the illogical from the logical, recognizing cause and effect and threading information together is the most important thing a school can teach a student.”
“An application that appears cluttered or illogical is harder to understand and use.”
“He notes, however, that this provision although illogical, is “unimportant in its practical effects.””
“If the murderer is not Vulcan, however, his day-today actions may be what we would term illogical—and if you have been questioning Vulcans about him, what to a member of his race might appear out of the ordinary could seem to us not unexpected of an outworlder.”
“Teddy Roosevelt endorsed an effort to remove spellings that many Americans perceived to be cumbersome and illogical from the English language as used in America.”
“President [[Teddy Roosevelt]] endorsed an effort to remove spellings that many Americans perceived to be cumbersome and illogical from the English language as used in America.”
“As the heat builds over the contentious law change, which Computerworld covered extensively last year, the New Zealand Computer Society (NZCS) described the Act as "illogical" - and potentially ethically flawed.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘illogical’.
Use these and get promoted
Words that end like pickle. Listed here because they're funny (because they end like pickle).
This is Ghost List 2 ( the kind that go 'boo!' ) :P
( open list )
Looking for tweets for illogical.