American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to pathology.
- adj. Relating to or caused by disease.
- adj. Of, relating to, or manifesting behavior that is habitual, maladaptive, and compulsive: a pathological liar.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as pathologic.
- adj. Pertaining to pathology.
- adj. Relating to or caused by a physical or mental disorder.
- adj. mathematics Having properties which are counterintuitive or difficult to handle.
- adj. computer science Having properties that cause unusually bad behaviour, especially regarding correctness or performance.
- adj. caused by or evidencing a mentally disturbed condition
- adj. of or relating to the practice of pathology
- adj. caused by or altered by or manifesting disease or pathology
“I think that she had what we call pathological envy, meaning she didn ` t want anyone else to be happy but her.”
“Then, once they became what he terms pathological gamers, their grades were more likely to drop, and their relationships with their parents deteriorated.”
“The claim that she's "pathological" is a reference to Nevada journalist Jon Ralston's tireless efforts to document what he describes as her "pathological" tendency to rewrite history and pretend she never said what she plainly did say.”
“What's really pathological is that a car bomb is found in NYC and he is obsessed with those that opposed ObamaCare - nt”
“If no tumor is found in the breast at surgery, it is called a pathological complete response.”
“Hillary - go be senator for West Virginia and swindle some senior citizens there .. they have no sense if they believe in pathological liars like you some low hanging fruit for YOU”
“Zsigmondy married Laura Luise, née Müller, the daughter of Professor Wilhelm Müller, lecturer in pathological anatomy in Jena, in 1903.”
“Withdraw or pervert either factor of this complex resultant, and the kind of experience we call pathological ensues.”
“Clinicians prefer to use the word pathological to describe behaviour that is harming normal everyday function in several ways, rather than addiction.”
“This is the first set of experiments that demonstrate that even healthy people’s brains mimic certain pathological psychiatric patterns when deprived of sleep.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pathological’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
letters starting with p
she's such a joy.
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
Looking for tweets for pathological.