from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or connected with a clinic.
- adj. Involving or based on direct observation of the patient: a clinical diagnosis.
- adj. Very objective and devoid of emotion; analytical: "He spoke in the clipped, clinical monotones typical of police testimony in court” ( Connie Paige).
- adj. Suggestive of a medical clinic; austere and antiseptic: a clinical style of decor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to a medical clinic or facility.
- adj. dealing with how to practically manage patients, contrasting with pre-health sciences
- adj. done in a cool, emotionless fashion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a bed, especially, a sick bed.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a clinic, or to the study of disease in the living subject.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a sick-bed; pertaining to a clinic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to a clinic or conducted in or as if in a clinic and depending on direct observation of patients
- adj. scientifically detached; unemotional
clinic + -al. (Wiktionary)