from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or based on experiment: experimental procedures; experimental results.
- adj. Given to experimenting.
- adj. Of the nature of an experiment; constituting or undergoing a test: an experimental drug.
- adj. Founded on experience; empirical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to or founded on experiment.
- adj. Serving as an experiment; serving to experiment.
- adj. Experiential, empirical.
- n. That which is experimental.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to experiment; founded on, or derived from, experiment or trial; ; given to, or skilled in, experiment.
- adj. Known by, or derived from, experience.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Pertaining to, derived from, founded on, or known by experiment; given to or skilled in experiment: as, experimental knowledge or philosophy; an experimental philosopher.
- n. Taught by experience; having personal experience; known by or derived from experience; experienced.
- Of the nature of an experiment; characterized by experimentation; tentative: as, the experimental stage in the production of an invention, when it is being tested or examined to discover its uses and its behavior under commercial conditions or usage; an experimental scale, a limited or small scale.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of the nature of or undergoing an experiment
- adj. relying on observation or experiment
- adj. relating to or based on experiment
Sorry, no etymologies found.