from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Extending or taking place between or among continents: intercontinental exploration; intercontinental cooperation.
- adj. Having the capability of traveling from one continent to another: an intercontinental ballistic missile; an intercontinental airline.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Taking place between two or more continents.
- adj. Having the ability to travel between continents.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Between or among continents; subsisting or carried on between continents.
- adj. Passing between continents or capable of passing between continents.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Subsisting between different continents: as, intercontinental trade.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. extending or taking place between or among continents
inter- + continental (Wiktionary)