from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing damage or harm; injurious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Causing damage or harm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Causing detriment; injurious; hurtful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Injurious; hurtful; causing harm or damage.
- Synonyms Prejudicial, disadvantageous, mischievous, pernicious.
- n. See the extract.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (sometimes followed by `to') causing harm or injury
From Medieval Latin *detrimentalis, from Latin detrimentum ("harm"), from deterere ("to rub off, wear"), from de- ("down, away") + terere ("to rub or grab"). (Wiktionary)