from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Unsuitable or improper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not appropriate; not suitable for the situation, time, and/or place.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not instrument (to); not appropriate; unbecoming; unsuitable; not specially fitted; -- followed by to or for.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not appropriate or pertinent; not proper; unsuitable: as, inappropriate remarks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not in keeping with what is correct or proper
- adj. not suitable for a particular occasion etc
in- + appropriate (Wiktionary)