from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not fitting or proper; unseemly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not proper
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not meet or fit; not proper; unbecoming; unsuitable; -- usually followed by for.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not meet or fit; improper; not suitable; unbecoming.
- Unseemly; coarse; rustic.
- Not suited or fitted; not adapted.
un- + meet (Wiktionary)