from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Wrong; unjust: wrongful criticism.
- adj. Unlawful: wrongful death.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. wrong or unjust
- adj. unlawful or illegal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of wrong; injurious; unjust; unfair
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of or characterized by wrong; injurious; unjust; unfair: as, a wrongful taking of property.
- Synonyms See wrong, a.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having no legally established claim
- adj. unlawfully violating the rights of others
- adj. not just or fair
wrong + -ful (Wiktionary)