American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, like, or supporting anarchy: anarchic oratory.
- adj. Likely to produce or result in anarchy.
- adj. Lacking order or control: an anarchic state of affairs in the office; an anarchic mobile sculpture.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, proceeding from, or dictated by anarchy; without rule or government; in confusion. An equivalent form is anarchical.
- Relating or pertaining to the theory of society called anarchy; founded on anarchy or anarchism.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Pertaining to anarchy; without rule or government; in political confusion; tending to produce anarchy
- adj. without law or control
- anarchy + -ic (Wiktionary)
“East, perhaps from the core hidden in anarchic theories of the resolution of good and evil in a higher unity.”
“She was referring to the anarchic Horn of Africa country where the U.N. says 250,000 still live in famine conditions due to drought and conflict and a total of 4 million need aid.”
“4 = The fight to extend democracy to peoples remaining under tyranny or in anarchic failed states”
“Police intervened Tuesday at the Buduburam camp, near Accra, because of what Nana Obiri Boahene, a minister of state at the interior ministry, described as anarchic conditions.”
“This condition is known as anarchic hand: people experience a conflict between their declared will and the action of one of their hands.”
“He said the situation at schools could be described as anarchic with pupils arriving throughout the course of the morning.”
“The organization of an army of workers and peasants also seemed very difficult to a people who had been called anarchic and without sense of order by their detractors.”
“A film based on his autobiography, Hooleygan: Music, Mayhem, Good Vibrations - described as "anarchic, dishevelled and hugely entertaining" - is scheduled to begin production later this year.”
“In the 1990s, so-called anarchic logging was the problem.”
“But thanks to a string of new spots from some of the city's top operators, the kind of anarchic, anything-might-happen bathroom shenanigans-type parties that are unique to New York are back on the west side.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘anarchic’.
Looking for tweets for anarchic.