from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a Marxist-Leninist party.
- n. A supporter of such a party or movement.
- n. A Communard.
- n. A radical viewed as a subversive or revolutionary.
- adj. Relating to, characteristic of, or held to resemble communism or Communists.
- adj. Supporting, advocating, or serving to further communism: communist propaganda.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of a (nominally) Communist party.
- n. A person who believes the philosophy of Communism.
- adj. relating to a (nominally) Communist party.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An advocate for the theory or practice of communism.
- n. A supporter of the commune of Paris.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who advocates and practises the doctrines of communism.
- n. An advocate of communalism; a member of a commune; a communalist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or marked by communism
- n. a socialist who advocates communism
- n. a member of the communist party
Sorry, no etymologies found.