from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, possessing, or inhabiting a colony or colonies.
- adj. Of or relating to the 13 British colonies that became the original United States of America.
- adj. Of or relating to the colonial period in the United States.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a style of architecture and furniture prevalent in the American colonies just before and during the Revolution.
- adj. Living in, consisting of, or forming a colony: colonial organisms.
- n. An inhabitant of a colony.
- n. A house designed in an architectural style reminiscent of the one prevalent in the American colonies just before and during the Revolution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to a colony.
- adj. of or pertaining to a period when a country or territory was a colony.
- adj. of or relating to the original Thirteen Colonies of the USA.
- adj. of or relating to the style of architecture prevalent at about the time of the Revolution
- n. A person from a country that is or was controlled by another.
- n. A house that is built in a style reminiscent of the period of the colonization of New England.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a colony.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or belonging to a colony: as, colonial government; colonial rights; specifically, in American history, relating to the thirteen British colonies which became the United States of America, or to their period. See colony.
- In zoology, forming colonies; consisting of or living as colonies; not separate; aggregative; social: as, the colonial Anthozoa.
- n. A member or citizen of a colony, especially of one of the British colonies in the eastern hemisphere.
- n. plural Colonial products, securities, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a resident of a colony
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of or inhabiting a colony
- adj. of animals who live in colonies, such as ants
- adj. composed of many distinct individuals united to form a whole or colony
From colony + -al (Wiktionary)