Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Canada, a British possession in America north of the United States. The Dominion of Canada includes all of British America except Newfoundland; but the name Canada is also restricted so as to include only the provinces of Ontario and Quebec (formerly Upper and Lower Canada, or Canada West and East).
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Canada.
- In American geology, noting a period which includes the epochs of the calciferous sandrock.(Beekmantown limestone) and the Chazy limestone, and constitutes the earliest time-division of the Silurian: it also notes the rock-formations of this period.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to Canada.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Canada
- adj. of or relating to Canada or its people
- n. a river rising in northeastern New Mexico and flowing eastward across the Texas panhandle to become a tributary of the Arkansas River in Oklahoma
“Posted in canadian literature on September 17th, 2009”
“Posted in canadian literature on September 3rd, 2009”
“Posted in canadian literature on August 31st, 2009”
“Posted in canadian literature on August 28th, 2009”
“Posted in canadian liberals, not a leader, stephane dion.”
“Posted in canadian economy, david wolf, federal deficit, merrill lynch.”
“Posted in canadian economy, housing market, job creation, unemployment.”
“April 14, 2008 at 1: 40 pm the cabot strait to me is just the stretch of ocean from cape ray, newfoundland to cape north, nova scotia. the nearest land to it not being in canadian jurisdiction would be the french islands of st. pierre and miquleon off newfoundlands south coast. (you can see nova scotia from newfoundland on a clear day.) hugh says:”
“Posted in canadian blog awards, progressive feminists.”
“I was also discusted how an amercian company could use the word canadian in their name and mislead canadians who assume they are canadian when they are not at all.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘canadian’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
by Great Big Sea.
Jenny said goodbye this afternoon
As far as I can tell
She can't bear the goodbye evenings
Or the morning-afters of farewell
She says "Here yo...
Looking for tweets for canadian.