American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Often Offensive Slang A Canadian, especially a French Canadian.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Canadian: a nickname in the United States.
- n. Canada, informal A Canadian.
- n. often derogatory A Canadian, especially a French Canadian.
- n. The French-Canadian dialect.
- n. rare A thing from Canada.
- n. US, obsolete A Canadian pony or horse.
- n. ice hockey A member of the Vancouver Canucks professional NHL ice hockey team.
- n. The Avro Canada CF-100 fighter-interceptor.
- adj. informal Canadian.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Slang A Canadian.
- n. colloq. A small or medium-sized hardy horse, common in Canada.
- n. informal term for Canadians in general and French Canadians in particular
- 1835 Kanuk (US), 1849 canuck (Canadian), origin Unknown. (Wiktionary)
- Probably alteration of Canadian. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The group in Canuck's meets on Fridays and another group meets at the Hotel Las Flores on Sundays.”
“Yes | No | Report from Captain Canuck wrote 1 year 39 weeks ago”
“Captain Canuck, My sole experience with the massasaga was exactly like yours.”
“Well, if you've spent any time on the ski slopes up at Blue Mountain you would realize that "Crazy Canuck" is a very good description of how most Canadians ski. ”
“Canuck, that is the best expression of free speech there is.”
“The task is to find hyperinflated commentary on the BC Human Rights Tribunal and the desperate plight of the Dirty Half-Dozen™, aka the Canuck Six.”
“There's no doubt that the Canuck is a fine hitter, as his. 900+ OPS last year shows.”
“The same reasons you love him as a Canuck were the ones you hated him as a Canadian.”
“The other reason is that he's a Canuck, which is awesome.”
“You were unwilling to put forth the effort to upgrade your site to one using measurements meeting international criteria only to show respect to your Mexican hosts who are attuned to centigrade measurements but upon hearing of discomfort among your "Canuck" clientele your are willing to put forth the effort to moderate your site.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Canuck’.
Nicknames for people from certain places. Please don't list official demonyms (e.g. "Canadian"). Also, please don't list slurs or insults.
What’s Your English?
Written and performed by Baba Brinkman & Professor Elemental
Looking for tweets for Canuck.