from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past tense and a past participle of strike.
- adj. Affected or shut down by a labor strike.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of strike. (delete)
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of strike. (hit)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- imp. & p. p. of strike.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Preterit and past participle of strike.
- Specifically, in electrometal., thinly nickel-plated preparatory to the deposition of some other metal: said of a surface thus treated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used in combination) affected by something overwhelming
Sorry, no etymologies found.