from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Switzerland or its people or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Switzerland.
- n. A person of Swiss descent.
- n. A crisp, sheer cotton fabric used for curtains or light garments.
- n. A firm white or pale yellow cheese with a nutlike flavor and many holes, originally produced in Switzerland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Switzerland or the Swiss people.
- n. A person from Switzerland or of Swiss descent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A native or inhabitant of Switzerland; a Switzer; the people of Switzerland.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Switzerland, or the people of Switzerland.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or belonging to Switzerland or the Swiss.
- An imitation of this, made by machinery, which has to a great extent superseded the real needlework.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Switzerland, a republic of Europe, surrounded by France, Italy, and the Austrian and German empires.
- n. A hireling soldier; more loosely, a hireling of any kind; a Switzer (which see).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the natives or inhabitants of Switzerland
- adj. of or relating to Switzerland or its people or culture
French Suisse, from Middle High German Swīzer, from Swīz, Switzerland.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Adopted from Middle French Suisse in circa 1515, alongside the form Switzer directly loaned from German. (Wiktionary)