from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Geneva, Switzerland, or its inhabitants.
- adj. Of or relating to the teachings of John Calvin in Geneva; Calvinistic.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Geneva, Switzerland.
- n. A Calvinist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. From, or pertaining to, Geneva
- n. Someone from Geneva.
- n. A supporter of Genevanism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Geneva, in Switzerland; Genevese.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Geneva.
- n. A supported of Genevanism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Geneva in Switzerland.
- n. An inhabitant of Geneva; a Genevese.
- n. An adherent of Genevan or Calvinistic theology; a Calvinist. See Calvinism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or resident of Geneva
- n. an adherent of the theological doctrines of John Calvin
Sorry, no etymologies found.