American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Sweden, the Swedes, or their culture or language.
- n. The North Germanic language of Sweden and parts of Finland.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Sweden or its inhabitants.
- An iron-pointed stake: same as palisade, 2. Compare swine's-feather.
- n. The language of the Swedes: a Scandinavian dialect, akin to Norwegian, Danish, and Icelandic.
- n. The language of Sweden and Åland (an autonomous part of Finland). Swedish is also one of the two official languages of Finland, spoken by 6% of the citizens. A very small minority in Estonia has Swedish as their mother tongue.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Sweden.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Swedish language.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to Sweden or its inhabitants.
- n. The language of Swedes.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Sweden or its people or culture or language
- n. a Scandinavian language that is the official language of Sweden and one of two official languages of Finland
“Ekovaruhuset, which translates to ‘House of Organic’ in Swedish, is an eco-boutique founded by Johanna Hofring.”
“The bullets are the same diameter, but the Swedish is a much milder cartriddge.”
“It's time for the annual MoCCA festival and this year Top Shelf Comics are launching what they call The Swedish Invasion.”
““We never do a sale,” Mr. Venanzi said from what he called the Swedish, neo-classical boutique he opened three years ago.”
“Until 1932, government spending had been kept below 10% of GDP in Sweden, but the Social Democrats, under their leader Per Albin Hansson, wanted to change this and remake Sweden into a "folkhem" ( "people's home"), a term Swedish Social Democrats adopted from the Fascists in Italy.”
“Chinese carmaker Zhejiang Geely Holding sealed a 1. 8-billion-dollar deal on Sunday to buy Volvo Cars as the Chinese company unleashed its global ambitions with what it called a Swedish”
“Its membership now sits at around 18,000, which makes it a respectable size in Swedish politics.”
“Mathias sez, "Nasty Old People is the first feature film in Swedish history to be released under a Creative Commons license.”
“Kreuger's holding company, Kreuger & Toll, routinely paid 25-percent dividends based on its investments in Swedish filmmaking, real estate and banking, and in Kreuger's primary business, the Swedish Match Corporation, which produced two-thirds of the world's safety matches.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Swedish’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
Note: Some language editions ignore diacritical marks (ie. Romanian) while others (ie. Icelandic) include them.
Looking for tweets for Swedish.