from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Sweden, the Swedes, or their culture or language.
- n. The North Germanic language of Sweden and parts of Finland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The language of Sweden and Åland (an autonomous part of Finland). Swedish is also one of the two official languages of Finland, spoken by 6% of the citizens. A very small minority in Estonia has Swedish as their mother tongue.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Sweden.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Swedish language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Sweden or its inhabitants.
- n. The language of Swedes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Sweden or its inhabitants.
- An iron-pointed stake: same as palisade, 2. Compare swine's-feather.
- n. The language of the Swedes: a Scandinavian dialect, akin to Norwegian, Danish, and Icelandic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Sweden or its people or culture or language
- n. a Scandinavian language that is the official language of Sweden and one of two official languages of Finland
Sorry, no etymologies found.