from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Hungary or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Hungary.
- n. The Finno-Ugric language of the Magyars that is the official language of Hungary. Also called Magyar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to present-day Hungary, the ethnic Hungarian people or the Hungarian language.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to the Kingdom of Hungary, during the days of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, regardless of ethnicity.
- n. A person from present-day Hungary or of ethnic Hungarian descent.
- n. A person from the former Kingdom of Hungary, during the Austro-Hungarian Empire, regardless of that person's ethnicity.
- proper n. The main language of Hungary.
- proper n. Hungarian notation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Hungary or to the people of Hungary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to Hungary, a country and kingdom in central Europe, in the valley of the middle Danube, or to its inhabitants; Magyar.
- Freebooting; thievish; begging. “In a cant use found in old plays, the word apparently contains a double allusion to the freebooters of Hungary, that once infested the continent of Europe, and to the word hungry.”
- n. A native of Hungary, or a member of the Hungarian race; a Magyar. See Magyar.
- n. A freebooter; a thievish beggar.
- n. The language spoken by the Hungarians, belonging to the Finnic family of languages; Magyar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or characteristic of Hungary
- n. the official language of Hungary (also spoken in Rumania); belongs to the Ugric family of languages
- n. a native or inhabitant of Hungary
Hungary + -an (Wiktionary)