from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Affirming, promoting, or characterized by belief in equal political, economic, social, and civil rights for all people.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characterized by social equality and equal rights for all people.
- n. A person who accepts or promotes social equality and equal rights for all people.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. favoring social equality
- n. a person who believes in the equality of all people
From French égalitaire, from égalité, equality, from Latin aequālitās, from aequālis, equal; see equal.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French égalitaire + -ian (Wiktionary)