from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that enforces or believes in strict discipline.
- adj. Disciplinary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who exercises discipline.
- n. One who believes in discipline as a tool for regulation or control.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to discipline.
- n. One who disciplines; one who excels in training, especially with training, especially with regard to order and obedience; one who enforces rigid discipline; a stickler for the observance of rules and methods of training.
- n. A Puritan or Presbyterian; -- because of rigid adherence to religious or church discipline.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to discipline.
- n. One who disciplines.
- n. A Puritan or Presbyterian: so called from his rigid adherence to religious discipline.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who demands exact conformity to rules and forms
discipline + -arian or disciplinary + -an (Wiktionary)