from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who construes a legal text or document in a specified way: a strict constructionist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or advocating constructionism.
- n. An advocate of constructionism.
- n. One who puts a certain construction upon some writing or instrument, such as the United States Constitution.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who puts a certain construction upon some writing or instrument, as the Constitutions of the United States.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who construes or interprets law or the terms of an agreement, etc.: generally with a limiting adjective.
Sorry, no etymologies found.