from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who systematically blocks or interrupts a process, especially one who attempts to impede passage of legislation by the use of delaying tactics, such as a filibuster.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who systematically obstructs the actions of others
- n. someone who attempts to impede the progress of legislation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who deliberately hinders progress; one who obstructs business, as in a legislative body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who factiously opposes and hinders the action of others; specifically, one who systematically, persistently, and factiously hinders the transaction of business in a legislative assembly; an obstructive; a filibuster.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who systematically obstructs some action that others want to take
obstruction + -ist (Wiktionary)