from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or resembling a river.
- adj. Located on or inhabiting the banks of a river; riparian: "Members of a riverine tribe ... were wading in the swamp, whose water they had impounded in a series of dams” ( Alex Shoumatoff).
- adj. Operating on or equipped to operate on rivers: riverine units of the Marine Corps.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to rivers, or located on or by a river
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a river; resembling a river in any way.
river + -ine (Wiktionary)