from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or inhabiting a river or stream.
- adj. Produced by the action of a river or stream.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, inhabiting, or produced by the action of a river or stream
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to rivers; growing or living in streams or ponds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or pertaining to rivers: as, fluvial waters; fluvial navigation or fisheries.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or happening in a river
Middle English, from Latin fluviālis, from fluvius, river, from fluere, to flow; see bhleu- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin fluviālis. (Wiktionary)