from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the form of a bow; curved.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. curved into the shape of a bow
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bent or curved in the form of a bow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bent or curved in the form of a bow; arched: as, “oblique and arcuate lines,” Bacon, Nat. Hist., § 224.
- The uncinate fasciculus of Meynert, passing across the bottom of the Sylvian fissure to connect the frontal and temporosphenoidal convolutions of the brain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. forming or resembling an arch
Latin arcuātus, past participle of arcuāre, to bend like a bow, from arcus, bow.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin arcuatus. (Wiktionary)