from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to vesicles.
- adj. Composed of or containing vesicles.
- adj. Having the form of a vesicle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to vesicles.
- adj. Having vesicles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to vesicles; esp., of or pertaining to the air vesicles, or air cells, of the lungs.
- adj. Containing, or composed of, vesicles or vesiclelike structures; covered with vesicles or bladders; vesiculate.
- adj. Having the form or structure of a vesicle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anatomy and zoology: Of or pertaining to a vesicle; of the form or nature of a vesicle; cystic; bladdery.
- Having a vesicle; vesiculate; full of or consisting of vesicles, especially when they are small and numerous; areolar; cellular: as, the vesicular tissue of the lungs; a vesicular polyp.
- In botany, pertaining to or consisting of vesicles; appearing as if composed of small bladders; bladdery.
- In geology, the epithet applied to rocks having a cellular structure, the cavities being rather large and well rounded, but not very abundant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or involving vesicles
Sorry, no etymologies found.