from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, characterized by, or containing vessels that carry or circulate fluids, such as blood, lymph, or sap, through the body of an animal or plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or containing vessels that conduct or circulate fluids, such as blood, lymph, or sap, through the body of an animal or plant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of, or containing, vessels as an essential part of a structure; full of vessels; specifically (Bot.), pertaining to, or containing, special ducts, or tubes, for the circulation of sap.
- adj. Operating by means of, or made up of an arrangement of, vessels
- adj. Of or pertaining to the vessels of animal and vegetable bodies.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the higher division of plants, that is, the phænogamous plants, all of which are vascular, in distinction from the cryptogams, which to a large extent are cellular only.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anatomy and zoology: Of or pertaining to vessels which convey fluids; of or pertaining to the conveyance or circulation of fluids, especially blood, lymph, and chyle; circulatory: as, the vascular system; a vascular function or action.
- Containing vessels for the circulation of fluids; especially, well provided with small bloodvessels: as, muscle and bone are very vascular tissues; cartilage and cuticle are non-vascular; a vascular tumor.
- In botany: Consisting of, relating to, or furnished with vessels or ducts: applied to the tissues of plants that are composed of or furnished with elongated cells or vessels for the circulation of sap.
- Of or pertaining to the higher or phanerogamous plants, these uniformly containing more or less clearly defined vessels or duets.
- See vasalium.
- In botany, tissue composed of vessels or ducts; the fibrovascular system.
- A tumor composed chiefly of an agglomeration of dilated terminal blood-vessels
- A tumor which contains an abnormally large number of blood-vessels, bleeding profusely on the slightest injury.
- Bleeding internal hemorrhoids.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or having vessels that conduct and circulate fluids
From Latin vāsculum, diminutive of vās, vessel.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)