from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of sparkle.
- adj. Of an object, reflecting light as if giving off tiny sparks.
- adj. Of a beverage, especially an alcoholic beverage, containing dissolved carbon dioxide (either naturally or that has been added) that comes out of solution in the form of many tiny bubbles.
- n. Act or appearance of something that sparkles; a sparkle; a gleam.
- n. A sparkling wine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Emitting sparks; glittering; flashing; brilliant; lively
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a rapid change in brightness; a brief spark or flash
- adj. shining with brilliant points of light like stars
- adj. used of wines and waters; charged naturally or artificially with carbon dioxide
Sorry, no etymologies found.