- v. present participle of sparkle.
- adj. Of an object, reflecting light as if giving off tiny sparks.
- adj. Of a beverage, especially an alcoholic beverage, containing dissolved carbon dioxide (either naturally or that has been added) that comes out of solution in the form of many tiny bubbles.
- n. Act or appearance of something that sparkles; a sparkle; a gleam.
- n. A sparkling wine.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Emitting sparks; glittering; flashing; brilliant; lively.
- n. a rapid change in brightness; a brief spark or flash
- adj. shining with brilliant points of light like stars
- adj. used of wines and waters; charged naturally or artificially with carbon dioxide
“The Germans discovered this long ago when they first transformed the acidulous wines of the Rhine into what we term sparkling hocks.”
“Those are what I call sparkling eyes! hehe kitty looks ready to pounce.”
“All of the children were dressed in sparkling white outfits, save for one …”
“Amerryn was dressed in sparkling white, which set off his auburn hair to perfection.”
“Judging by this image of our home galaxy, the Milky Way, we are swimming in sparkling 'champagne' of all colors.”
“They might last a little longer if immersed in sparkling wine.”
“Shining in the day, it becomes translucent at night when the interior lighting makes it sparkling from the inside.”
“She had once allowed herself to daydream about the possibility of a small shop, her confections arrayed in sparkling glass fronted display cases.”
“I agree about the special effects being a little off, but if you read the section about Edwards skin sparkling, I think they really got it right on even though I didn't really like it at the time.”
“Beautiful pleasant temperatures, a blue, blue canopy, colorful balloons dotting the afternoon sky; bathed in sparkling sunshine ... my spirits soared!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sparkling’.
In this area of expertise nouns are frequently used as adjectives (almond, bacon, cider, diesel, fennel, fresh-cut hay, wool) or new adjectives are formed (appley, berrylike, citrusy, full-bodied, ...
Styles of ale.
The Velvetine Ruffians
All things light-filled and radiant.
Adjectives used in actual (non-taxonomic) bird names, past and present.
Criteria of a word to be placed on list: no simple words like if or the, and it must be a word i love.
adjectives expressing beauty and more
Looking for tweets for sparkling.