from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Giving off bubbles; fizzy.
- adj. Vivacious and enthusiastic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Gently boiling or bubbling, by means of the disengagement of gas.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Effervescing; having the property of effervescence; of a nature to effervesce.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. used of wines and waters; charged naturally or artificially with carbon dioxide
- adj. marked by high spirits or excitement
- adj. (of a liquid) giving off bubbles
From Latin effervēscō ("boil up") (Wiktionary)