from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or suited to a housewife; domestic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In the manner of a housewife.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining or appropriate to a housewife; domestic; economical; prudent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characteristic of a housewife; pertaining to the female management of a house; like a housewife; thrifty.
- With the economy of a careful housewife.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. related or suited to a housewife
housewife + -ly (Wiktionary)