from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Extremely cold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. As cold as ice; very cold.
- adj. Without emotion; distant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. as cold as ice; extremely cold.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Cold as ice; extremely cold.
- In pathology, experiencing a morbid sensation of cold, compared by the patient to that which would be produced by the application of ice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. as cold as ice
Old English īsceald, corresponding to ice + cold. (Wiktionary)