from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling brine; salty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, resembling or containing brine; salty
- n. The sea
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to brine, or to the sea; partaking of the nature of brine; salt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to brine; of the nature of or affected by brine; salt; salty: as, a briny taste; the briny flood; briny tears.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any very large body of (salt) water
- adj. slightly salty (especially from containing a mixture of seawater and fresh water)
Sorry, no etymologies found.