from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, derived from, or containing sulfur, especially with valence 4.
- adj. Characteristic of or emanating from burning sulfur.
- adj. Fiery; hellish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Containing sulfur.
- adj. Of, or relating to sulfur, especially in its lower oxidation state.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. harsh or corrosive in tone
- adj. characterized by oppressive heat and humidity
- adj. of or related to or containing sulfur or derived from sulfur
Sorry, no etymologies found.