from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, containing, or seasoned with salt.
- adj. Suggestive of the sea or sailing life.
- adj. Witty; pungent; earthy: salty humor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Tasting of salt.
- adj. Containing salt.
- adj. Coarse, provocative, earthy; said of language.
- adj. Experienced, especially used to indicate a veteran of the naval services; salty dog (from salt of the sea).
- adj. Irritated, annoyed; from sharp, spicy flavor of salt.
- adj. Pertaining to those dialects of Catalan, spoken in the Balearic Islands and along the coast of Catalonia, that use definitive articles descended from the Latin ipse ("self") instead of the Latin ille ("that").
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Somewhat salt; saltish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Somewhat salt; saltish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing or filled with salt
- adj. engagingly stimulating or provocative
- adj. one of the four basic taste sensations; like the taste of sea water
From salt + -y. (Wiktionary)