from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sailor's calling.
- adj. Following a life at sea: seafaring peoples of the world; seafaring nations.
- adj. Fit to travel on the sea; seagoing: seafaring vessels.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Following a life at sea.
- adj. Fit to travel on the sea; seagoing.
- n. The work, or calling of a sailor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Following the business of a mariner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Following the business of a seaman; customarily employed in navigation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. used on the high seas
- n. the work of a sailor
- n. travel by water
Sorry, no etymologies found.