from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of coast.
- n. The act of sailing along a coast, or from port to port.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Sailing along or near a coast, or running between ports along a coast.
- n. A sailing along a coast, or from port to port; a carrying on a coasting trade.
- n. Sliding down hill; sliding on a sled upon snow or ice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or business of sailing along the coast or from port to port in the same country, for purposes of trade.
- n. The sport of sliding on a sled down an incline covered with snow or ice.
- n. Advances toward acquaintance; specifically, courtship.
- n. In railroading, the act of allowing a train or a ear to run upon a down grade by its own gravity, without steam or electric power.
Sorry, no etymologies found.