from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. action of the verb to post
- n. an item inserted into a register, ledger or diary
- n. an entry in a computerized bulletin board
- n. the place where a soldier or airman is sent (posted) for duty; the time spent there
- v. Present participle of post.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of traveling post.
- n. The act of transferring an account, as from the journal to the ledger.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement
- n. (bookkeeping) a listing on the company's records
- n. the transmission of a letter
Sorry, no etymologies found.