- n. action of the verb to post
- n. an item inserted into a register, ledger or diary
- n. computing an entry in a computerized bulletin board
- n. chiefly UK the place where a soldier or airman is sent (posted) for duty; the time spent there
- v. present participle of post.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of traveling post.
- n. (Bookkeeping) The act of transferring an account, as from the journal to the ledger.
- n. a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement
- n. (bookkeeping) a listing on the company's records
- n. the transmission of a letter
“I had around 300 users posting and reading a single topic. if those 300 were, as you say, "reading * and posting*, then it is very much possible that your problem * is* related to search. specifically, if you use" native fulltext "the function that takes a post and dissect it to single words (split_message ()) can be hideously expensive, and yet will not show on your debug as DB.”
“Wayne's purpose in posting is specifically go gather feedback.”
“My major concerns in your posting is the parallel you attempt between the funding of education and that of defense.”
“The only factual part of his posting is my address.”
“I appreciate this posting is a little off-topic for Petrona, but as 23 January is tomorrow, and I like the librarians at Duluth, I thought I'd mention their timely warning and the site to which they link.”
“It´s 18 months in five years but my posting is about weather.”
“This posting is about intercommunication among Zapoteco villagers in Oaxaca State and the notion that communications among various villages can be improved by foreigners introducing radio signal interrelationships to, supposedly, improve inter-village understanding and, perhaps, harmony.”
“The blast of the postillion's horn on the dark highway moved Chillon to say: 'This is what they call posting, my dear.”
“China extended their domination with sixth-seeded pair of Pan Pan and Tian Quig winning the women's doubles title posting a 21-10, 21-6 victory over the Malaysian duo of Vivian Kah Mun Hoo and Woon Khe Wei.”
“Dr Kossmann flew to East Timor on Thursday for a short-term posting with the Australian”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘posting’.
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Words that contain the letters "post" in that order, etymology not important.
Looking for tweets for posting.