from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of boast.
- n. The making of boasts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of glorying or vaunting; vainglorious speaking; ostentatious display.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A glorying or vaunting; boastful or ostentatious words; bragging language.
- n. Synonyms Brag, bravado, bluster, swagger, swaggering, vainglory, rodomontade, parade, vaporing, rant.
- n. In masonry, the process of dressing the surface of a stone with a broad chisel and mallet.
- n. In sculpture and carving, the act of cutting a stone roughly with a boasting-chisel, so as to give it the general contour of a statue or an ornament. Also called scabbling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. speaking of yourself in superlatives
Sorry, no etymologies found.