from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Boastfulness; bravado.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Boastful talk.
- v. To talk boastfully.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A boast or boasting; a vaunt; a bravado; a bragging; braggodocio.
- intransitive v. To boast; to brag; to bluster.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A boast or boasting; vaunt; bravado; vaunting or boastful talk.
- To boast; brag; vaunt; bluster.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instance of boastful talk
- v. show off
French gasconnade, from Gascon, Gascon; see Gascon.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French gasconnade. (Wiktionary)