from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Determined advancement of one's own personality, wishes, or views.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The aggressive advancement of one's own opinions or wishes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of asserting one's self, or one's own rights or claims; the quality of being self-asserting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of asserting one's own opinions, rights, or claims; a putting one's self forward in an over-confident or presumptuous way.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of putting forth your own opinions in a boastful or inconsiderate manner that implies you feel superior to others
- n. the act of asserting yourself in an aggressive manner
Sorry, no etymologies found.