from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Restraint of one's emotions, desires, or inclinations; self-control.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Self-control, control over one's emotions, passions and actions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Restraint over one's self; self-control; self-command.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Restraint or control imposed on one's self; self-command; self-control.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. exhibiting restraint imposed on the self
self- + restraint (Wiktionary)