from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Full presence of mind; self-confidence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The conscious control of one's own behaviour
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Control over one's own feelings, temper, etc.; self-control.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That equanimity which enables one in any situation to be reasonable and prudent, and to do what the circumstances require; self-control.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of resolutely controlling your own behavior
Sorry, no etymologies found.