from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Training and control of oneself and one's conduct, usually for personal improvement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Control of oneself, willpower.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Correction or government of one's self for the sake of improvement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of practicing self discipline
- n. the act of denying yourself; controlling your impulses
Sorry, no etymologies found.