from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The trait of being taciturn.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Habitual silence, or reserve in speaking.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being taciturn; paucity of speech; disinclination to talk.
- n. In Scots law, a mode of extinguishing an obligation (in a shorter period than by the forty years' prescription) by the silence of the creditor, and the presumption that, in the relative situations of himself and the debtor, he would not have been so long silent had not the obligation been satisfied.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of being uncommunicative; not volunteering anything more than necessary
taciturn + -ity (Wiktionary)