from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The characteristic of being mute.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being mute; speechlessness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being mute; dumbness; forbearance from speaking, or inability to speak.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a refusal to speak when expected
- n. the condition of being unable or unwilling to speak
Sorry, no etymologies found.